Thank Connecticut’s Governor and Legislators for repealing the death penalty in that state!
Contact the Governor (national) and the state’s Legislators (Conn. residents only) via Equal Justice USA to thank them for this historic act of justice.
On April 11, the Connecticut House of Representatives passed (86-62) a bill to abolish the death penalty for future crimes. The same bill passed the Connecticut Senate on April 5. Governor Dannel Malloy has pledged to sign the bill, which will make Connecticut the 17th state to abolish the death penalty, and the 5th to do so in the last 5 years (via Death Penalty Information Center).
Send a Letter to the Editor
Please send a brief letter to the editor of your local newspaper pointing to the building momentum towards ending the death penalty in the United States. Use this easy tool provided by NCADP.
Join the State Anti-Death Penalty Coalition in Your Area
If you are interested in helping efforts in your state to end the death penalty, sign up with your local coalition. Find your nearest organization.
Connect with one of our supporting organizations:
- NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, Inc. - The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) is America’s premier legal organization fighting for racial justice.
- ACLU’s Capital Punishment Project - Works to abolish the death penalty nationally through direct representation as well as through strategic litigation, advocacy, public education, and mentoring and training programs for capital defense teams.
- Center for Death Penalty Litigation Inc. - Provides legal representation to indigent defendants accused and/or convicted of capital crimes in North Carolina.
- Death Penalty Information Center - Serving the media and the public with analysis and information on issues concerning capital punishment.
- Equal Justice Society - A national legal organization focused on restoring Constitutional safeguards against discrimination.
- Equal Justice USA - A national, grassroots organization working to build a criminal justice system that is fair, effective, and humane, starting with repeal of the death penalty and increased services to families of homicide victims.
- Innocence Project - A national litigation and public policy organization dedicated to exonerating wrongfully convicted people through DNA testing and reforming the criminal justice system to prevent future injustice.
- National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty - The nation’s oldest organization dedicated to the abolition of the death penalty. We are comprised of an extensive network representing more than 100 state and national Affiliate organizations and thousands of advocates and volunteers.